Tuesday 31 May 2011

Shoot 2

I decided that for my next two images i would use a different model and a different angle, to add some variation to my images. I chose to frame them as just head and shoulders.

For my snake image i tried to make my model look snake-like with the styling of hair and make-up; i wetted her hair to flatten it and chose very dark eyes and lips to give a more sinister look. I kept her pose simple, telling her to simply stand in a sideways position with her arms by her side to make her body look more long and snake-like. I also told her to keep her facial poses simple. I think this works because the projection makes the image interesting on it's own, i wanted to keep the rest of it very simple and straight-forward.





For my final image from this shoot i am using the bottom one. I like this photo best because i feel that she looks the most snake-like in it. When looking through my photographs after taking them i realised that i preferred the ones which had eye contact- snakes when used in imagery very often have their eyes emphasised. I also think she has the right emotion in her face in this image- there is something quite sinister about her expression.



For the bird image i framed my model as head and shoulders, to be consistent with the snake photos. I instructed my model to pose in quite a serene way, keeping her eyes closed and expression relaxed.


This is my favourite image from this shoot. I think the face in profile works well in this image because the peacock is quite a regal bird and this facial position gives a similar look. It also emphasises her nose and mouth, giving a more bird-like appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment