Wednesday 4 May 2011

Project Proposal


Proposal

Section 1

·         Working Title or Theme of Final Major Project

·         What you will work towards producing

    For my final major project I am going to do a fashion shoot in the studio.  I plan on using techniques to make these images both technically and conceptually interesting, giving a surreal/abstract element as well as fashion. At the moment I plan on using a projector to project images onto the bodies of my models, rather than clothing. Currently my plans are purely aesthetic however I have thought about what to project and what the connotations of this will be.

Section 2
·         Influences, starting points and contextual references
·         Early ideas, research and sources (you must include a short list of research sources and bibliography texts). This list can be attached as an appendix

    Since I began researching I have found a few fashion photographers who use projections in fashion photography (Eva Mueller, Solve Sundsbo) which has given me ideas of how to compose my images. This will require some experimentation in the studio with the colleges facilities to see if what I am visualising is possible and effective. I am currently planning on projecting animal prints/skins and giving my models different animals to represent in each image. This is mainly for aesthetic reasons but I do also like the idea of people playing animals because of the links we find between certain personality traits and animal behaviour.  

Section 3
·         Intended techniques, media, processes
·         Timescale. An action plan is required

    At the moment I am planning on using a digital camera. Because of the nature of projection photography I think I will benefit from seeing the image on the display of the camera, so that I can judge that I am achieving my desired affect. I might also use 35 ml colour film at the same time, so that I can later choose which images I prefer. 

Section 4
·         Proposed method of evaluation (how you will review your FMP in critical and analytical ways For example self and peer review, tutorials or critiques

   I am going to present my final major project to a group of peers and tutors.

No comments:

Post a Comment