Monday 16 May 2011

Lighting Test

I am currently planning on doing two images against a black background and two against white.


Black background


Set up:


Here are some test images i took using a black background. I used a mannequin to test these. Some things i discovered when testing this is that the easiest way to ensure i kept the background completely black was to have the projector from an angle. This has to be tested carefull to ensure there aren't too many shadows on the model. To make the projection really stand out i also had to use quite a slow shutter speed, meaning that my model will have to be very still.




White Background

Set up:




Here is one on the mannequin. I think i preder this look compared with the black background shots, as in my opinion the lit background looks more professional. It was also possible to use a slightly faster shutterspeed, meaning my model will have more freedom.


A couple i tried using a model.





After testing the lighting i have started to think i will use only white backgrounds, as it does look more professional. I will however try some of both when i do my final shoot, so that i can decide which i prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment