Tuesday 31 May 2011

Shoot 1

In my first shoot i planned on taking 2 of my final 4 images. I did a set of images with the zebra projection, and a set with the leopard projection.
Here's a photo of my lighting setup




First i took some photographs using the zebra projection. I positioned my model with the projection on her back- this had to be quite precise because the image i chose was a zebra's back, which had the line which runs down it's spine in the middle. I therefore had to make sure this ran down the centre of my models back, and adjust it for different poses. I instructed my model to do quite simple poses, perhaps bringing a sense of vulnerability.



The last image was my favourite image of the shoot. I think it works best because it is simple- some of the more exagerated poses caused the projection to miss parts of her body, leaving them as black silhouetted areas. I also like the face being lit and the eye contact in the image, as this creates more of a connection with the viewer.





I then took some images with the leopard projection. For this image i wanted the front of the models body, as opposed to the back in the zebra image, for variety. In these images i instructed my model to be like a leopard, and to do simple, strong poses.







I took most of the photos with a lit background but also tried some with a black background- i felt that the white background worked better as it showed her body shape more clearly. I am using the bottom image as my final one from this shoot as think it has a regal, powerful look which is paticularly emphasised by the face in profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment